The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

Bose Soundlink Color charges but does not turn on!

For some reason my Bose Soundlink Color charges fine and is now fully charged as it quickly flashes the green light when you plug it out, however, it DOES NOT turn on.

I've tried the Bose Updater, but I don't think it even recognizes my device as it doesn't do anything. It worked fine about 4 days ago so I don't know what happened and why it's not turning on.

I've tried the 15 second play/pause button, I've tried doing Factory reset... and it can't be my battery since it's fully charged?

Somebody please help me!

Thanks in advance

Hi, Does it turn on when you have the charger connected and switched on?

@jayeff The charger is connected and the speaker is fully charged as it's showing the green battery light. However, it does not turn on. Very sad...

If the speaker is out of warranty and as as you have tried a factory reset which hasn't worked, my only suggestion now is that you try a power 'reset' and see if this will resolve the problem.

To do this you will have to open the speaker and disconnect the battery. This will require you having soldering skills and tools. Once you have disconnected the battery, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to dissipate any residual charge in the device and then release the button.

Once this is done reconnect the battery (be careful to reconnect the wires to their correct connection points) and try turning on the speaker and see if it has been restored to normal operation.

Here is the relevant Ifixit guide to remove the batteries in your speaker.

Bose SoundLink Color Battery Replacement

Thank you for your help

Zoe Farah C will be eternally grateful.