Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

The battery refuses to charge after a replaced it.

I just replaced the battery on my iPhone 6. It is refusing to charge more than 8%. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem and how I could fix this? My phone is also heating up a lot, if that has anything to do with it.

Why did you change the battery? Was it also not charging or holding it's charge?

Did you remove the screen assembly when you changed your battery?

A lot of things could have gone wrong here but first we need to know what happened leading up to your reason for posting.

No the battery was fine, the volume switches got stuck and I had to take the battery out to replace them. Then I screwed up the battery and needed to replace it. I did remove the screen assembly when I was getting to the volume buttons.

could be Tristar failure. Seek out a qualified professional in your area who can diagnose battery, tristar, or install.

Most Helpful Answer

probably a sucky battery, and remember to replace the adhesive.

Lauren May will be eternally grateful.