Why is it that my phone has no sounds?

Why is it that my phone has no sounds?

Have you checked that you are not in Airplane mode?

Press and hold the Power button on the phone to show the pop-up menu to select from ''Ringer mode /

Airplane mode / Power off / Reboot''

Have you checked the Sound settings in your phone?

Go to Home > Settings > Device > Sound

Tap to enter all the available sub headings, Volume, Phone Ringtones, Default Notifications etc., to see what the settings are.

If you can hear people on a call, but not when you choose the 'loudspeaker' option this proves that the loudspeaker is either faulty or has become disconnected from the systemboard.

If you cannot hear people on a call at all it may be that you have a faulty earphone socket. Try plugging in a set of earphones to check if you can hear people when they call.

The loudspeaker is the speaker used for all the tones and sounds used by the phone. The receiver, which is a separate 'speaker' is used for listening to voice calls etc with the phone held close to the ear..

No sounds, still

My phone doesnt make noise whatsoever and i ah bent chamged settings

do you have tutorial on how to reconnect the loudspeaker if it was disconnected from the systemboard?

Just had my Alcatel IDOL 4S phone serviced at the Microsoft Store. After having a problem hearing with the headphones, I rebooted the phone but then ran into a problem with not hearing callers unless the headphones were used, or unless the phone was connected via Bluetooth...

I was told there is a known bug with this phone where the telecoil option is turned on and prevents callers from being heard.

He just went to Settings - Ease of access - More options, and turned Telecoil OFF.

PROBLEM SOLVED...

I have no sound at all at times.. Restart phone and sound but after a bit the sound disappears..

Hi @jimmybf ,

What is the make and model number of the phone?

If it is an Alcatel OneTouch model try starting the phone in safe mode (same for all One Touch models) and check if the sounds stays on OK.

If it does then a downloaded app is the cause of the problem. The trick is to find out which one. you'll have to uninstall each downloaded app one by one and test the phone after each uninstall. Once the problem has stopped the last app uninstalled was the culprit.

I should mention too that the sound works fine but it's only when I leave my phone alone for awhile does it go off and doesn't come back on.

Klyde Pantinople will be eternally grateful.