*#06# no imei no service

when i type *#06# iphone won't show IMEI

but when i go in settigns>genera>about IMEI is there

i have no service issue

i have tried to restore it but it won't work

i have heated the IMEI ic and it worked for 1 week and then same problem

i changed the IMEI power managmet ic but same problem , i know its not the fault of IMEI ic because it shows imei in settings

Ardian a mundesh me um kontaktu ne email xhani_17@icloud.com

Friend check if your phone has the modemfirmware number in about, if it has yet That could be a faulty PM8019, is the power supply for baseband, but is hard to make this repair, need a very well training person in micro soldering.

i have skillz in micro soldering but i can't find a new chip PM8019, do you know if i can replace it from another motherboard

yes, you can pull PM8019 from a donor board. However there are many possible reasons for baseband failure, this is only one of them.

its not just this chip that responsible for signal . it could be other things too . i have the same issue . still not getting it to work .

If the basics don't work, you can Change the charging port, then the housing, then the chip if you need to start on hardware. I have had success with all the above. Once again, hardware comes after restore, power cycle, settings, etc, etc.

Most Helpful Answer

If you heated a chip and it worked for a week, you need to pull the chip, reball the pads & reinstall it. The problem is a bad solder joint (look also for lifted pads).

By "the IMEI ic", are you talking about the baseband CPU?

From my experience on previous repairs and also from what I have learned from Chris Long videos, If *#06# does not display the IMEI, it is Baseband. First, check well for short on caps around baseband, if not any...run jumpers on U1 and V1...

Just reflowing the IC will not be enough for this type of repair. As Chris Long explains in his Iphone 6 Plus "No Service" repair, you will need to remove shield, remove Baseband, Reball, Clean pads, and run 2 jumpers to the U1 and the V1 pads. (Much like the M1 Meson U2402 jumper).

Although you can also run short jumpers (Which do not last as long), it is recommended to remove the Sim slot and run the "Long jumpers".

Go watch a video from Chris (Starts at about 3:55:00 that gives a full explanation and the process for this repair, as well as other things that can cause this issue.

Hey I have also the same problem. How you found the solution. How you heat the imei ic?

Can I remove my second hand iPhone 5s from icloud permanently lock? If possible please helpe me

Adrian Zymeri will be eternally grateful.