iPhone 6S can't restore error 6 or error 9

Yesterday one of my customers came to me with an iPhone 6s that changed the LCD by himself. After replacement the battery started drain faster than usual, I told him that it is not battery problem but LCD problem and need to be replaced again. He didn't want to pay for other LCD and he insisted to change the battery. This didn't solve the problem and after 7 days of use phone stack on apple logo and started boot loop. then he left the phone charging all night but it didn't help, his last action was to restore the phone but it failed. Now I have the phone and every time I try to restore I see sometimes "error 6" and sometimes "error 9". Does this phone has motherboard issue? Has someone come up against same situation? I would appreciate if someone could help me, thank you!!!

i checked the motherboard by myself with a microscope, i am not so experienced but nothing unusuall and no missing parts near the FPC connectors, but when i push the power button and phone start and try to boot this part of the motherboard get really hot

There is the Memory Chip in this part of the motherboard and i think that this phone is shorted in there. Can someone tell me if this phone can work again or not?

Thanks for your time. In iPhone 6s what screw hole is most sensitive and can cause this problem. I have a microscope and i will inspect the board near the LCD, battery, camera, digitizer connectors and i will replay here. Thank you again for your help

But I tried in a different pc and the same error.

Exactly the same situation and the 3u tool below it self is giving us 6 where as the itunes is giving me 9 - between the 69 and the customer DIY'n I'm clueless as to what do do next.

1) ChargerPort verified by disconnecting/reconnecting battery & plugging in. 2) Phone charges to 'Connect to Itunes,' mode

Don't know why but I have the jailbreak blues, asin, I think this phone was previously jailbroken and in 3u/itunes exactly at firmware part it crashes and loops back to 'Connect to Itunes,' error

That shield covers the CPU. It is normally warm but not hot when the phone is idle. The memory chip is on the underside of the logic board where the SIM card reader is.

in this model CPU and memory are in the same Chip. This part was not warm but really hot, now I tried to restore from DFU and I can only see the connect to iTunes image on my phones screen

You could try to restore your iPhone with 3uTools.

http://www.3u.com/tutorial/articles/180/...

Is this a freeware tool or not?

This is a freeware tool, but reliable. i am using it

Most Helpful Answer

I highly doubt the LCD is causing this problem. It is probably related to the customer trying to replace it himself. He may have knocked off one of the surface-mount components near the FPC connectors (battery, LCD, Digi, FCAM).

This logic board needs to be inspected under a microscope or 10X loupe.

Depending on what you find, it may need to be repaired by someone who can do micro-soldering.

Can you post pictures?

maybe long screw damage D:

Hi @Gigabit878. Yeah, I thought about that also...let's hope not for the customer.

@ johnfl21. The two standoffs that can cause failure are the two at the bottom of the bracket holding the connectors. See the image below...

iPhone 6 Plus Front Panel Replacement

i checked the motherboard by myself with a microscope, i am not so experienced but nothing unusuall and no missing parts near the FPC connectors

It doesn't seem to have long screw damage. I can see the holes in the microscope and i see no damage.

Could be U2 IC charging chip gone bad.

To test this first unplug battery. Plug battery back in. Don't press power button. Plug charging cable in and see if iPhone turns on itself. If not then chip is most likely bad.

And yes this is caused by the user of the iPhone using cheap chargers or car chargers with cheap iPhone cables that are not MFi certified.

I heard somewhere that you should remove lockdown directory on your pc (windows) but i can't remember what error numbers this was related to.

I tried to restore in three different pcs but i have the same result

you can try to restore without display and in dfu mode. Have read somewhere that you can also try to plug something in the audio jack then restore.

Everything on iPhone will stop working once iTunes error 9 (iPhone error 9) appears. And if this occurs frequently, that will be hard to handle. Here are several reasons are attributed towards the problem, and you need a specific solution for your iPhone.

These are the four effective Solutions to fix the issue that you meet iTunes error 9 or iPhone error 6.

• Fix iTunes Errors 9 through entering recovery mode
  • Fix iPhone 6 Error 9 via updating to the latest iTunes version
  • Fix iTunes Errors 9 via checking security software
  • How to Fix iTunes Error 9 without data loss#

johnfl21 will be eternally grateful.