The PlayStation Vita is the successor to the PSP. It contains a beefed up processor and graphics, and includes the addition of a second analog stick. It was released February 15, 2012.

How do I fix a stripped scew on the 1001 Vita?

I was gonna replace my battery for my Vita because it was giving me a glitch. I bought a screwdriver and it can only take out the screws from the top and the bottom of the vita. I can not take out the screws from the rear but I only took out one. It seems like the screw is stripped.

austinsouthep, when you say they screw feels like it is stripped, do you mean screw spins in hole or the head of screw can,t be gripped because the head is damaged? Reply back in comments below if you wish.

Below is a tear down and tools required to tear down. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

PlayStation Vita Teardown

The screw spins in hole but it does not go up.

kken07655, austin, if you have access to a thin tack puller( or you could even grind a notch in thin slotted screw driver or old butter knife), try sliding it under the head so you can pry up while turning screw out. As a last resort you may have to cut the head off with a dremel like tool and use pliers to pull up on screw shaft while spinning out. Good Luck.

kken07655 will be eternally grateful.