A Bluetooth smart speaker by Amazon, announced November 6, 2014. The Amazon Echo SK705DI features a voice-activated cloud-based assistant that can manage various tasks including playing music, reading news, creating lists, and answering questions.

dropped my echo and now won't work

I dropped my Amazon Echo, the top fell out. I've put back together but can't get it to work.

I had the same thing happen to me. The larger black top piece (containing the boards) has and input for a half inch long data cable. The data (ribbon) cable is on the piece below. Make sure to insert the data cable into the slot. It's important to close the flap on the slot for the cable to work. Be patient and you can do it. My 10 year old son was persistent and did it on the 3rd try. Good luck!

A small part of the light ring got stuck inside the speaker and now it's hard to change the volume. I can't take the part out to make it work smoothly again and I don't know what to do.

Julie Lane will be eternally grateful.