Model A1046 or A1095 / 1280x854 screen resolution

Replaced hard drive, but still freezes and trouble starting?

PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" 1.25Ghz A1046

So I have replaced my hard drive, possibly unnecessarily, and have gotten it to boot up until I am choosing language options from the tiger startup screen. It continues to freeze and when I shut it down to start again it will not even start. I have tried the PMU but still doesn't start. Any advice?

Are you using the original installation disk?

With it not restarting, it sounds like a heat issues. Open it up and clean the fans. For a better result, open it and remove the logic board and clean out the heat sink vent ports and replace the thermal paste. Warning: this is a difficult procedure and you really have to pay attention to get all the cable out from under the board when replacing it. I did one last week and had to take the logic board out twice due to a heat sensor cable getting under the board. I also take pictures as I go to augment the guides. Also ESD protocols must be followed.

Here's how to remove the board: PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 GHz Logic Board Replacement

Here's the guide on replacing thermal paste: How to Apply Thermal Paste

Electronics Skills Image

Guide

How to Apply Thermal Paste

Difficulty: Easy5 - 20 minutos

good answer +

Steve Lynn will be eternally grateful.