Announced in March 2015, and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 is the next flagship in the Galaxy line. The curved screen version is known as the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Unlocking galaxy s6 for other carriers

I have a galaxy s6 and it s locked to Ntelos. I am thinking about having a 3rd party unlock it but am wondering if it would be compatible with other carriers once unlocked ? I know iPhone 6 and up once unlocked will operate on any GSM or CDMA carrier, but am not sure if the galaxy S6 Ntelos has the right hardware to do so. I'm an iPhone person so I don't know much about Galaxy's.

Here is an image showing the relevant specifications for a Samsung galaxy S6.

Once it is unlocked it will be able to connect to any network that supports the frequencies shown in the list.

Click on the image to enlarge it for better viewing.

Have you checked the Ntelos policy documentation regarding locked phones?

You may not need to get a 3rd party to unlock it. Try another provider's SIM card and see if it works. Just ensure that the frequencies that they use are in the list shown in the image.

https://www.ntelos.com/unlocking-policy

This is from the the document:

Locked devices

Currently all Apple devices with a SIM slot are locked

All Android devices with a SIM slot are unlocked

CAB will be eternally grateful.