Why doesn't my iPhone 5 work anymore?

hello I was wondering if yall can help me . I have a iPhone 5 and I was gonna buy a iPhone 6 plus and I put my sim card in the iPhone 6 plus to see how it would work and I took my sim card out and put it back in to my device the iPhone 5 and now it doesn't work I can't send messages or anything

Have you entered the SIM pin to unlock it? Are you sure you put it in the correct way? Have you tried restarting your phone?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Basically what Imad Knight said. Also you may want to try toggling airplane mode off, the back on

Hold the home and power for a while button to hard reset and see if that helps. If not go into settings-> general -> reset -> reset network settings.

Mariah Reyna will be eternally grateful.