Guides for the LTE version of the iPad Mini 4—model A1550. Announced on September 9, 2015, the iPad Mini 4 is the successor to the iPad Mini 3.

Power/ Lock Button Issue

I recently replaced the Ipad Mini 4 Lens/LCD assembly and am having issues with the power button. it performs all it's normal functions properly (power off, power on, soft reset when held with home button). But it does not lock my screen when the device is powered on. i SCOURED the settings and did not see anything to solve the issue. Did i miss something in the assembly replacement? no flexes seem to be torn or damaged. should i have put kapton tape somewhere?

The replacement screen did not come with hall effect sensors for the lock cover. Transfer it from the old one.

can you explain with you mean with ' with hall effect sensors' ??

Hall effect sensors sense magnetism. Compare the touch panel pulled from your device and brand new one sold and you will find a small surface mount component missing, you need to transfer that one.

Steven Buckner will be eternally grateful.