Can Toyota Diagnose Transmission error Code P 2757 without tear down?

I have a 2010 Toyota Corolla LE 70,000 miles.... Can the Toyota dealership, or Transmission shop diagnose the actual problem with error code P2757 related to the Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Performance Stuck off reading. The dealership said they needed to tear the transmission apart to find problem. I do not believe them. I have been told by other mechanics that their computer testing equipment should be able to detect which solenoid is out. can a single solenoid be replaced if it can be detected? Please help and advise.

@michaelangelo nobody on here can answer this question with any kind of certainty. This will totally depend on the dealers capabilities. My suggestion is that you find a different dealer. You stated that you "do not believe them" so go somewhere else for a second or third opinion.

Thank you for addressing the question, but I would like to know if anybody has fixed or dealt with the error code P2757 for Toyota Corolla 2010. what is the process for identifying which solenoid valve is possibly bad, or the wiring, or harness, etc. does it really require an expensive tear down to determine any of the above?

If you do an extensive search you will find there are plenty of bad stories about this. I'd stick with having a dealership at least taking a look at it. Check this out "P2757 TCC stuck on is a mechanical problem w/ the torque convertor clutch system. Mechanical meaning the torque convertor, SLU solenoid, any of the TCC or pressure regulator valves inside of the valve body or a poor circulating transmission cooler system will. Any of these issues will trip this code. If you want it fixed then take it to a competent A/T technician. " from here

Most Helpful Answer

@michaelangelo , Michael, If vehicle out of warranty, skip the dealership and find a good local professional transmission repair shop, as they are probably more familiar fixing this problem then some of dealerships. In a lot of cases the dealer ship actually does not fix the transmissions in house, all they do is remove and send out for repair and then reinstall after transmission shop did repair. Have a good transmission shop take a look, diagnose and estimate repair. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Sir base on my experience as toyota technician i agree to teardown your transmision.we have same cases here after we open the rear side of transmision cover we have found that overdrive clutch and plates is burned out and even we replace the said shift solenoid valve and worn out disc and plates but still you cam feel the sudden shiftshock.so we decided to make overhaul ..

Michael Angelo will be eternally grateful.