Model A1312 / Mid 2011 / 2.7 & 3.1 GHz Core i5 or 3.4 GHz Core i7 Processor

L9000 inductance exploded: specs for a repair?

Hi!

On my iMac mid 2011 the inductance called L9000 exploded.

What are its specifications?

Thanks you very much!

These are some photos, unfortunately they are blurred. At the moment I can not post better quality photos most because I have closed the Mac.

@barba997 I am admittedly confused by this. As Recee properly identified the ferrite bead, all you have left is to properly desolder the old component. Then measure the distance from solder pad to pad which will give you the length of the component. Compare your measurement with component size charts like these ones:

That should solve your mystery

This is a 250 ohm ferrite bead. You can search for these on websites like Farnell, Mouser and Digikey.

SM just means surface mount, usually it will have a case size there (0402, 0603, etc), so you will have to have a look and see which case style/size looks right. Send across a picture of the actual board if you can, and I'll try identify the size you need.

You can view the images in my answer below.

Looks bigger than an 0805, maybe a 2220 (not sure myself, I stick to MacBooks). @oldturkey03 @mayer @danj , any ideas? Doesn't show the amps for the component as well, which is strange.

@reecee this should be the attack to give power to the display if it can be helpful

Yes, it should show more details for the component though, which is weird. Hopefully one of the guys I quoted will know which component it is. Usually I'm working on 0201-0603 components at largest, so I am not too sure. Maybe check the rest of the logic board to see if there are any similar components to that, then see if it says the size for that component in the schematic?

The next component, called the C9020, it would seem the same.

PS: sorry for my bad english but I'm italian.

facebookleonardo997 will be eternally grateful.