Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

replacement battery contact is different

I've tried two replacement batteries. The batteries fit and screws in ok, but, the contacts on both [including an ifixit] replacements are slightly different and don't make contact.

the Iphone 4s CDMA battery is the same as that of the iPhone 4.

4s CDMA batter is different from the Normal 4s... so you can use the Iphone 4 battery for Iphone 4s CDMA..

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

there is a iphone 4 , iphone 4 (CDMA) and iphone 4S. the iphone 4/4(cdma) have the same battery and the iphone 4s has its own battery. make sure you have the right battery for the device you are working on.

The model number on the back of the phone corresponds to 4s and the ifixit replacement says 4s. But, I might try looking at a 4 battery and seeing if the contact is what I need.

Thanks for the response. It might put me on track.

glad too help. let us know if you get it working.

John Dee will be eternally grateful.