The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been superseded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

Controller won't turn on with batteries.

Hi, I have recently taken my xbox one controller apart to replace the abxy rubber mat and when I put it back together it won't turn on. I can hold the home button down and it'll turn on but once I release the button it will turn off. Also, I can plug the USB cable from the console into the controller and it works perfectly. If anyone has any answers to why I won't work properly with batteries I would be greatful

@domh96 , Dom, Try another set of good batteries inserted properly, check and clean battery terminals to ensure that are getting good connection. You said you had the unit disassemble, could you have pinched/ broke a wire for battery terminal, disassemble and check connections. Additional info. at trouble shooting link below. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...

Dom Hayward will be eternally grateful.