The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been superseded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

Controller won't turn on with batteries.

Hi, I have recently taken my xbox one controller apart to replace the abxy rubber mat and when I put it back together it won't turn on. I can hold the home button down and it'll turn on but once I release the button it will turn off. Also, I can plug the USB cable from the console into the controller and it works perfectly. If anyone has any answers to why I won't work properly with batteries I would be greatful

@domh96 , Dom, Try another set of good batteries inserted properly, check and clean battery terminals to ensure that are getting good connection. You said you had the unit disassemble, could you have pinched/ broke a wire for battery terminal, disassemble and check connections. Additional info. at trouble shooting link below. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...

The chosen answer, while helpful in the vaguest ways, was about as much a canned answer for generic electronic issues I could see.

Microsoft has a few known defects in the controllers. One of which is a smoothing capacitor on the board that has a propensity to short out. When this happens it will not power the unit (controller).

If you have it apart (Microsoft warranty is always the best route) then look on the bottom of the board around the lower left of where the D-Pad engages.

Another issue is that the “B” button is on a separate board and it’s not reinforced enough. This normally causes much more significant issues like 100% failure of the controller. You’d know by looking between the two control boards and seeing one of the board sockets pull off the board.

I do not think this is your case based on what you have described though.

Look at the cap for damage or signs of over heating. Let me (us) know what you find.

Dom Hayward will be eternally grateful.