GPS navigator released in May 2013. Equipped with top of the line features including free lifetime map updates and traffic alerts.

Can't update my device

keep connecting the gps to my computer but nothing happens

Most Helpful Answer

While being fully registered and connected, I have tried for months to update my RM5632T-LM. The tech continually tells me that the site is being updated and asks for my patience. It has been at least six months. Now they don't even respond to my requests for news on the readiness of the update site. This GPS is a good product, but the update service is horrible. I would never have bought it if I would have known.

Same here. i'll never buy a Magellan gps again...

Your device may not be registered to receive updates. You can register your device at http://www.smartgpseco.com/#sign/sign_in. After registering , you can plug your GPS into the computer to receive updates. Be sure that the computer and GPS are responding to being connected, otherwise this may suggest that the USB connector cable is faulty and should be replaced. If you are still having difficulties, you should contact Magellan directly for support for this issue.

Maybe so it could

You might want to check for a secure connection in the USB ports. The one for your GPS might have stopped working properly. Your computer might be messed up as well.

Hi I made  Content Manager work for my new Magellan RoadMate (Sept. 2018) by following his method in Windows 10. When Windows Installer gives you the option, install to C:/Magellan (so you can find the contents later). Go to that folder in Windows file explorer. Right click the file with the iconm titled mngContentManger (it is a plug-in and not a program), select option of run as administrator. Double left click the same file. Now go to the latest version of Chrome browser. Visit the website www.smartgpseco.com and log-in. Bingo, after a short spell, your computer should recognize your plugged in RoadMate and you can start the map update process. Note that you will need to eject the gps device when completed. If you want to revisit the update site for some reason, you will need to reboot and go through the process again. Worked like a charm for me after two days of tearing my hair out. Frank in Canada

Correction typo: First line, that's 'this method.' 3rd line the word is icon. I also confirmed by repeat trials that this method works and the RoadMate performs well. Frank

Felix Muwanguzi will be eternally grateful.