The Garmin Dash Cam 20 is a GPS enabled, standalone driving recorder manufactured by Garmin in 2014.

Dash cam keeps falling off of its mount, what should I do?

When using the dash cam, the device does not stay on the mount and keeps falling off. This makes the dash cam unusable. What should I do about this?

Student question

Most Helpful Answer

If the dash cam is falling out of the mount (the ball and socket connection is faulty), then this might be a problem with the mount itself. The product may be faulty or is overused and in need of a replacement. Options for Garmin compatible mounts can be found on Amazon. Some options are the Arkon Sun Visor Car Mount and Arkon GPS Car Mount.

If the dash cam remains in the ball and socket connection, but the mount does not remain stuck to the windshield, the mount may not be properly adhered to the glass. Make sure to apply a decent amount of pressure around the entire area of the suction cup before locking into place. Use both hands while doing this. One hand will be applying the pressure around the suction cup and the other will lock the mount.

I had similar when mine got very loose on the ball joint. On looking closely I found the cup inside the camera body which is four curved pieces of plastic had one piece broken off. This fault has also occurred on my new DashCam 35 after less than a month of use. When I emailed Garmin when the first one broke, they did'nt seem interested and did nothing about it. I am waiting for a reply from Garmin regarding the 35 as it is still under warranty, but I'm not optimistic ...

Jesse Hillman will be eternally grateful.