Why wont my BLU Vivo XL charge?

Hello, my BLU vivo XL will not charge I have had it for just barely over 5 months and about 2-3 months ago I noticed that sometimes my phone wasn't wanting to charge when I would have it plugged up. I would have to maneuver it a lot in order to get it to start charging, and I assumed this was just an issues with the chargers. After my phone died today because it didn't want to charge I bought a third charger and it doesn't seem to be charging my phone either. Is this a typical problem with the Vivo XL? And what should I do?

I bought the phone about three months now and I am experiencing the same problem.

Mine is only 6 weeks old. I am sick over it.

Hi, good day. my Blu vivo XL 5.5 was bought by my bf from amazon last November 2016. i it was only about 4 months. i noticed that the charging time becomes longer and last night when the battery was completely dead, i started charging it but there is no sign of charging and it can not be turned on. i left it plugged for 4 hours and it was hopeless. it was not charging. please guide me on what should i do. thank you.

Hi @ydafabro,

In the USA there is a 12 month manufacturer's warranty on the phone and a 6 month manufacturer's warranty on the battery in the phone.

It may just be that the battery has failed and will not charge. It could also be that the phone is faulty and is not charging the battery.

As your phone and battery are still within the warranty period, first verify that the warranty period is still valid by checking the date on the purchase receipt, then consult the warranty statement in the documentation that came with the phone as to what you have to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement. If you cannot find the warranty statement here is a link to the Blu warranty statement provisions for the USA. Ensure that you either have the sales receipt for the phone or some other proof of purchase e.g. a credit card statement or something similar showing the date of the purchase etc. (make a photocopy if you have to send the receipt or other proof and you keep the original)

Since your bf bought it he will have to make the claim as his name or details will be on the receipt etc. http://bluproducts.com/images/US_Limited...

Most Helpful Answer

You say that you had to manouevre the charger to make the phone start to charge.

It may be that you have either a faulty or loose charge port in the phone.

Try the following in case it is something simple that you can easily fix.

Do not open the phone as it will void your warranty.

Using a magnifying glass and a strong light, visually inspect the charge port (USB port) from the outside of the phone. Ensure that the 'pins' are all there (usually there are 5) and that they are all straight and parallel with each other. Also ensure that the port does not have any lint or dust trapped in it. If it has then try to remove it using a vacuum cleaner so as to not damage the pins as you might if you use a sharp implement. If you have too, gently use a wooden toothpick to remove any lint.

If the USB port looks OK and as you say that you have only had the phone for 5 months and that there is a 12 month manufacturer's warranty on the phone , I suggest that you verify the purchase date of the phone and then consult the warranty documentation that came with the phone as to what you have to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement.

If you cannot find the documentation here is a link to the Blu warranty provisions for the USA, if that is where you are.

http://bluproducts.com/images/US_Limited...

Be aware that if they find that for example the USB port has become dislodged from the systemboard they may reject your warranty claim on the basis that you caused the problem by using excessive force when inserting a USB cord or charger. I'm not saying that you did or that they will or they wont, it's just that you are aware of the warranty provisions and what they do and do not cover.

Thank you this is very helpful.

Mine is about five months old, has had the issue since month two. I have two batteries. On my third charging cord, because I have to position the cord super-oddly for it to charge, and this kills the cords.

I voided my warranty by taking it apart to see if the port was loose or damaged (it wasn't.)

Super-disappointed this phone is such a dud.

Hello my vivo xl2 is only 17 days old I purchase it April 26,2017 and now it stop working it will not even charge now what is happening with these new phone that blu is making

latoya rowe if your phone is only 17 days old it should still be covered by a warranty. Take it back to your point of purchase

Problem is for ALL VIVO XL phones! Don't even try to get one!. I have 3 in my family and ALL OF THEM started not charging in less than 4 months.!

My Blu Vivo xl 2 phone is 3 days old, battery died and it will not charge. Sounds like this is a known problem on this phone and Blu isn't addressing it. Think I will return it and go with a better brand.

I have same issues. I bought a new battery and it worked for awhile. Then battery is not getting charged again. I decided to buy huwaei phone instead. So far I am very happy with it. I'm staying away from any Blu phones from now on.

Imperial will be eternally grateful.