MacBook Pro models with 13" displays

Water damaged corrosion display

Attached is the imagine of my MacBook Pro. We had some water damaged and everything works fine with the exception of the display. We've been using an external monitor for the display. The top left has been corroded badly. What is this piece called and is it fixable/replaceable?

Could you please take another pic of the board with better lighting of the area in question

I didn't see any damage or corrosion on the logic board when I took it apart. The laptop runs fine and works well with an external monitor. When you shine a light on the LCD, you can see the image on the screen. Would it be fine to just replace the whole LCD screen or try to cleaning it with alcohol?

The area circled are the antennas for the wifi, so it wouldn't affect the screen. Your device has no backlight, very unlikely to be an issue with the LCD, I recommend the steps below.

1. Remove and clean the logic board using isopropyl, if any liquid damage is present. Check under the board, especially by the top edge.

2. With the battery disconnected, remove the cable I have pointed out in your image. Check the connector it plugs into for corrosion or burnt pins, and the cable itself (underside of cable as well) for corrosion/burnt pins/melted plastic around the pins. Don't plug the cable back in if damaged, will need replacing. If the connector is burnt, a new one will need soldering.

3. Check the backlight fuse for continuity, if it has blown, it will need replacing, and is again soldered (has a little white dot on it, near the LCD connector, if you send a clearer picture of the board I can point this out).

If you are lucky it will just be the backlight fuse, and a new one can easily be soldered. If none of the above works, check the backlight IC to make sure it is not shorted to ground, and blowing the fuse. If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, take it to someone with experience in diagnosing logic boards.

your best bet would be getting a new lcd for it, it is the only way it will fix easily.

@trustybacon replacing the LCD would be of no use here if the damage is on the board

Yeah, I would first check the LCD connector (A.K.A LVDS or IPEX connector) on the logic board to see if it's burnt / liquid damaged.

Trying out a new LCD on it would most likely kill the screen if the LCD connector on the logic board was shorted.

kheang80 will be eternally grateful.