Sound Delay after firmware upgrade to 2.0.97

This seems to be a very common problem, looking into the logitech forum thread here and is seemingly also affecting the original UE Boom:

https://community.logitech.com/s/questio...

After updating the speaker to the current firmware version of 2.0.97 the speaker has a delay of about half a second in sound playback. This is not an issue while playing music, but in the case of videos it is quite upsetting. The issue persists on all available devices to me, testing different video players, games, etc. The delay is present no matter what.

I honestly hope that UE / Logitech will fix the problem soon, but I am not sure when this is going to happen. Because of this, I am posting my problem here in the hope to find someone with a solution or temporary workaround.

Note that it is seemingly not possible to revert the firmware, what would be the easiest fix. Also a reset of the speaker has no effect on the problem.

I thank you in advance and would be delighted to get a suitable solution!

Hey,

I never received an answer from Logitech / UE regarding the issue...

Haven't installed the update yet, but if it fixes something for me I'll let you know.

In the official thread of the Logitech forum, reseting the UE Boom by holding the minus button and power on for approx. 10 seconds, fixed the issue for some people. This was no fix for me, but maybe after the update... Hope still remains.

Cheers Muppel

As soon as you connect 2 speakers for stereo mode it is still delayed!!

The same here. Does anyone have a fix?

Same problem here!

No answer from Logitech on the issue.

I am contacting news websites to get Logitech under the spotlight. Please do the same if you can.

This is unacceptable as it makes the speakers completely useless for watching videos...

I started having the problem after that update.

Today I got an e-mail from UE-Support, which is actually the second (the first being some standard "have you tried switching it off an on again"-text). They admitted, it is a firmware issue and told me, that there is a new update available. The first update after the "incident" of upgrade 2.0.97 did nothing for me, so I hope the new one will fix it for good. I will report back, if this changes anything for me.

So... They released update 2.0.101 and it actually worked for me in Bluetooth mode.

However, reading the UE Boom thread on the delay issue, the delay still seems to be present when using a cable connection.

So to sum it up, 2.0.97 broke it, 2.0.100 did nothing and 2.0.101 fixed at least the bluetooth delay issue.

Since my Boom 2 ist working for me now, I would close this question as answered and recommend you to install the latest update.

Resetting it fixed the issue for me, thanks a lot @muppel!

Most Helpful Answer

Latest firmware update fixed the delay issue for my speaker. Now i can watch videos and the audio is in sync.

- Before the update, my phone n table had trouble connecting to the speaker.

- when it did connect, while watching videos there will be no audio and the video will buffer for no real reason. When not connected to speaker, video plays normally.

Thought I'll let yall know.

Update fixed the issue for me. Installed via phone app.

Any news on this? Still having the same issue..,

I have got an email:

"Hi Nicoló,

I'm sorry we missed your previous question. I got e-mails from you back in January but nothing last month. Sorry about that. We are working on the fix for the audio / video lag. We have just started final testing and it should be ready for release hopefully before the holidays.

Thanks"

They still haven't fix it before Thanksgiving, but I assume they will release the fix someday next week! At least I hope...

I bought the BOOM 2 two days ago and came to know about this yesterday. This issue is really disappointing at this price point. Just want to know from older users - Did this happen before the update in BOOM 2?

No, before updating to 2.0.97 everything was fine, at least for me. Sound was synchronized with the played media and I did not experience any lag.

Hello !

Would anyone know how to downgrade EA Boom 2 firmware from a mac...?

(with the last update : Lag ! Even with a cable connection.. amazing...)

Thanks :-)

MjMuppel will be eternally grateful.