iPhone 5S Press/Hold Powr - Logo appears, then disappears. No boot.
We have an iPhone 5S in for repair. Originally customer told us it was a battery issue and cracked screen. We installed new batt + new screen and the issue still occurs.
Issue: Apple logo appears when pressing down power, but logo disappears after approx. 4 seconds.
Testing we've performed and discoveries:
- Hold down POWER and logo appears. Disappears after 4 seconds give/take. Can press POWER again, same issue occurs.
- When I press down POWER for a second or so until logo appears and release, logo disappears and I can no longer hold or press power to get logo to reappear. When this occurs I can hook it up to an Apple charge cable, unplug from cable and can duplicate the same issues again.
- Hold POWER + HOME for 10 seconds does nothing.
At this time we've tried:
- Another battery
- Another test screen
- Issues not resolved
- Hooking up to PC and power/home to reset/put in restore mode (PC does not recognize device)
We are thinking:
- Possible charge port issue?
- Possible power button issue?
If anyone has thoughts/suggestions please let me know.
Is this a good question?