iPhone 6 home button question

I have an iPhone 6 that I am replacing the screen on. I used a different screen that has a home button to test the phone and noticed that the phone refuses to boot up with the foreign home button attached. I unplugged it and it tuned on. I plugged it in and the phone shuts off and won't come on until the home button is unplugged. The original home button works fine and the phone will come on when its plugged in. Is this a new feature in iOS 10 and will it affect 3rd part replacement home buttons? (not touch iD function I know that won't work). If its not a new feature then what would cause it to happen?

are you plugging the home button in after the phone has been powered up?

It's supposed to boot with any home button. Make sure you are not plugging or unplugging ribbon / flex cables with the battery plugged in.

Otherwise if you are doing it while it's plugged in, you are probably causing shorts on the logic board which may cause it to shut off. And backlight filter can be blown when unplugging or plugging in the front display cables which results in display but no backlight.

i also agree with Ben, and for whether ios 10 affect the 3rd party replacement, here is a blog which shows the experiment results whether ios 10 has an impact on 3rd party iphone replacements.http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/ios-10-...

My guess is that the "test" home button you are using has a defect in either the home button itself, or the home button long flat cable that runs under the metal plate.

You can verify by trying that same "test" home button and screen on a different known good phone.

CAB will be eternally grateful.