An Amazon tablet released in 2014 featuring a 7 inch HD color touchscreen display.

Why is my kindle not charging?

I am using the original charger that came with my Kindle. It was working fine up until now. It no longer charges or turns on. Please help!

Hello Omir,

Sorry to hear your having probelms charging. Before attempting to make any major repairs, try using a different micro-usb charging cable. If you don't have a supplementary one, you can find one online or at your nearest computer store.

If this does not solve your issue, try to replace the charging port. This is going to require you to open the device. Please see the guide to replacing the charging port, above. If there is not one, here is the same repair for a similar device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Charger & Micro HDMI Input Replacement

If you have done this and the problem is still not resolved, try to replace the battery. This is also going to require you to open the device. Please see the guide to replacing the battery, above. If there is not one, here is the same repair for a similar device: Kindle Fire Battery Replacement

I hope this helps, good luck!

Kindle Fire Battery Image

Guide

Kindle Fire Battery Replacement

Difficulty: Easy10 - 20 мин.

Omir Rosado will be eternally grateful.