Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Volume fluctuates all the time

The volume goes up and down, can it be fixed?

Model UN55C7000WFXZA. It's 7 years old

kingmona what model is your TV? What exactly do you mean by volume fluctuates?

Volume goes up and down, a lot. From can't hear it to blast you off the couch.

Did you turn the TV on?

I also have that problem.i have an emerson

I can really really use some help as to why my Emerson tv does this

Have you checked in the audio settings area of your TV whether there is an Auto Volume adjustment option, (AVL)?

If so if it is enabled (ON), disable it (OFF) and see if this resolves your problem.

Yes, I did all that, no difference

Hi, Since my answer didn't solve your problem, please remove the "chosen solution' option that you have selected.

How often or rapidly does the volume level change and does it always go from the level you are listening at to max and then stays there until you turn it down or does it go back down by itself etc?

Is the volume level slide indication appearing on the screen when the volume level changes?

Does it happen regardless of what input you are using, e.g. HDMI, Antenna AVI etc.?

This may seem a bit stupid, have you removed the batteries from the remote control unit to see if it still happens, in case it is the remote that is causing the problem?

I have the exact same problem. A song will be normal for one song, unbelievably loud the next and no volume sometimes. Never happens with TV.

Hey I believe that the problems are with the broadcasters

Suddenly a blast! Commercials blast. Program volume very low. Sometimes crackly, sometimes a hollow sound.

Most Helpful Answer

go to settings, to sound, to expert settings , to HDMI Input Audio Format, change Bitstream to PCM. This worked for me

You totally saved my husband from having a meltdown during the Superbowl!! Thanks : )

This worked! Thanks so much.

This worked for me on Samsung TV. Thank you afitz531

How do you "go to settings"

on my tv, press the home button there is options on bottom left, hit the gear symbol

kingmona , remove the batteries from remote, if volume still fluctuates you have ruled out the remote. Unplug TV, remove the back off the TV locate where the on board volume control is and unplug it. Re install the back, plug in and try TV, use the remote to control TV and if volume has stopped fluctuating, it is that manual control button/board that is the issue. In forums they state this may be a common problem in older Samsung. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Wowzer thank you for helping, your instructions were spot on!

You just saved me a bunch of money. Thanks.

I fixed it! I was sitting on the remote

me 2

thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Saved my soap opera!

Mine was in my couch cushion but close enough! HAHA

just fixed this on mine. I had surround sound on when it should've been set to stereo. try checking your surround sound setting!

This fixed my volume problem as well.My TV was set as Surround sound when I don't have a surround sound speaker system.Just the built in tv speakers.My problem stopped for me

there no fix here..lol.. but the real fix is cheap

that's the board in my tv. with the volume fault. its a case of working out the board in your tv.

Spray contact cleaner right on the volume controls on thenTV right on the case. It's called CRC QD contact cleaner. Press then buttons and wipe up and down like a piano with your finger up and down the buttons until the contact cleaner gets in and cleans the contacts. Keep doing it and you will probably end up turning the TV off. But when it does go off and you turn it back on, your problem is Solved!

JJ

Go to menu

Select sound

Go to Other Settings

Select AVL -TURN OFF

Solved the problem for me. AVL stands for auto volume leveling.

Did not solve the problem! Still messing up!

A very common occurrence on today's TV. It is not always a TV Fault. I have troubled shooted this problem with a receiver box. Cable or Satellite boxes may need rebooted. Pull out the plastic card that is inserted in the box. Unplug the receiver box for one minute. Plug box in, reinsert card. Power up. If this does not work call your service provider per 1-800 number, they can assist in a more thorough reboot. Thanks for asking, Matt of Martins TV Repair.

kingmona will be eternally grateful.