Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Volume fluctuates all the time

The volume goes up and down, can it be fixed?

Model UN55C7000WFXZA. It's 7 years old

kingmona what model is your TV? What exactly do you mean by volume fluctuates?

Volume goes up and down, a lot. From can't hear it to blast you off the couch.

Have you checked in the audio settings area of your TV whether there is an Auto Volume adjustment option, (AVL)?

If so if it is enabled (ON), disable it (OFF) and see if this resolves your problem.

Yes, I did all that, no difference

Hi, Since my answer didn't solve your problem, please remove the "chosen solution' option that you have selected.

How often or rapidly does the volume level change and does it always go from the level you are listening at to max and then stays there until you turn it down or does it go back down by itself etc?

Is the volume level slide indication appearing on the screen when the volume level changes?

Does it happen regardless of what input you are using, e.g. HDMI, Antenna AVI etc.?

This may seem a bit stupid, have you removed the batteries from the remote control unit to see if it still happens, in case it is the remote that is causing the problem?

I have the exact same problem. A song will be normal for one song, unbelievably loud the next and no volume sometimes. Never happens with TV.

kingmona , remove the batteries from remote, if volume still fluctuates you have ruled out the remote. Unplug TV, remove the back off the TV locate where the on board volume control is and unplug it. Re install the back, plug in and try TV, use the remote to control TV and if volume has stopped fluctuating, it is that manual control button/board that is the issue. In forums they state this may be a common problem in older Samsung. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

these guys are giving incorrect responses all accross the internet. the computers do this TOO. I have 3 different computers playing a wide range of different mp3s all doing the same up and down volume problem, So the problem is definitely NOT THE SPEAKERS.

And Believe me, they will give you bogus answers like "try updating your bios" disable communication, remove auto volume to fix the problem but thats retarded and my drivers are already up to date and the sound is already working... and for tvs... But logically, why WOULD AN AUTOVOLUME GLITCH ON A TICK BY TICK basis.. Defeats the purpose of the auto volume benefit, plus it still will do it when you max out the volume, 100%, its tough to fix this problem and these help desk guys are giving you bogus answers, i bet his company appreciates his detailed fan boy company answer, making it look like he actually might be giving technical solutions, but he isnt. f*&king Aholes.

yeah unplug your tv, that will fix it..... NOT

yeah its the manual control buttons fault. Liar. &&^& you l paff

volume problems never happens with tv huh? Oh, i didnt know that. Sounds like your lying

I swear one day I will figure out why this volume problem is happening, and I will tell everyone how to fix it. bitchasses EVEN IF IT COSTS ME MY TEETH

there no fix here..lol.. but the real fix is cheap

that's the board in my tv. with the volume fault. its a case of working out the board in your tv.

go to settings, to sound, to expert settings , to HDMI Input Audio Format, change Bitstream to PCM. This worked for me

Spray contact cleaner right on the volume controls on thenTV right on the case. It's called CRC QD contact cleaner. Press then buttons and wipe up and down like a piano with your finger up and down the buttons until the contact cleaner gets in and cleans the contacts. Keep doing it and you will probably end up turning the TV off. But when it does go off and you turn it back on, your problem is Solved!

JJ

kingmona will be eternally grateful.