MacBook Pro heating up and fan running faster without apps running
I've seen similar issues to mine over the forum, but I believe this is a unique scenario.
I am on a clean installation on Sierra and I do not have any apps running on the machine. But as soon as I log in to the OS, I can hear the mac's fan going crazy and mac heating up. This is quite strange since I dont have any apps installed.
1. I did an SMC rest, NVRAM reset, but none of them helped
2. Checked if its an issue with kernel_task - Used "top" to figure out if its kernel_task, but I cant see any issue there.
3. Opened up the mac to check for dust - Cleaned up the fan (there was not a lot of dust there to begin with)
None of the above steps helped. The next steps I plan to do are,
1. Install istat menus and check fan status
2. Check mac status on diagnostics mode (Command + D on start-up) - see if I can get anything out of it.
Please let me know if you have faced a similar issue or if you have found a resolution to this issue.
Thanks in advance
Is this a good question?