Released by Samsung in March 2016. Model SM-G930V.

Bloated battery after the phone dropped

Dear friends,

Today I recieved a Samsung Glaxy s7 with a swollen/bloated battery. He said it happend after he dropped the phone. They tried to put a new battery in, but the phone still didn't powered on. Do you guys have any solutions?

Question, statement and (hopefully) a solution:

Question: Who is "they?"

Statement: The most likely reason for bad batteries is because a small piece of foil ruptures with shock and causes the two electrodes of the battery to touch, overheat, and create problems (i.e. exploding).

Solution: Unless you're really comfortable working with at-risk lithium batteries, I wouldn't work with it, and would carefully dispose of the battery properly. If the battery bends a fraction of a millimeter too much, you could rupture that same small piece of foil and start a chemical fire or explosion. This problem was only intensified with the S7 Edge as that foil simply failed too easily. You can get a new battery from a reputable brand like iFixit and use their replacement guides. You may need to also replace the screen adhesive.

Galaxy S7 Battery

Galaxy S7 Battery Image

Product

Galaxy S7 Battery

$29.95

They = another repair guy. He said that they tried a new battery but it didn't worked. However I don't even believe they even tried to remove the battery.

Also screen adhesive? The phone it's back is opened I will add some pictures

This is what the phone looks like atm

Do you think it's too dangerous to replace the battery @skimmilk05 ?

Can someone help me?

Again, if you feel comfortable doing it, and think you can do it SAFELY, then it's your choice, but I can't gauge your abilities or comfort level dealing with these things. Personally, I'd go for it in a safe environment (i.e. outside with a fire extinguisher) if it were my phone, otherwise I'd go to Samsung (say if it were someone elses). I'm not too comfortable with damaged batteries.

I tell you the whole story I know right now. He bought the phone, he dropped the phone. Someone else repaired it, battery was swolen. Went to another store, phone didn't turned one anymore/didn't charged anymore. I think it also could be the charging port

It also went to Samsung they refused to repair it, rediculous isn't it?

Stijn Helmonds will be eternally grateful.