The Motorola Moto G3 (Model Number: XT1540) is the 3rd generation android phone produced by Lenovo. It can be identified by its 5.5 X 2.8 inch screen. There are two speakers on both the top and bottom of the front screen.

Why is there an led light shining through the phone speaker slot?

My phone has an led light shining through the phone speaker slot on the front. It has nothing to do with the screen or the rear leds for the phone's camera. It never shuts off and is on whether the phone is on or off.

OK.. What usually happens is that when your motorola g3 is not at a good charge, it will show the light but my problem is that, i had my phone right, so i went to the swimming pool and dipped it since it was water proof. i had my cover well closed.. no cracks on the phone then i got spoiled a bit. i went home and put it in the charge after it dried up. the light was weak but after 1 week i came back to normal but my phone is not switching on. thats my problem. its on the light like forever.

Apparently Moto G3s (plus other Moto models) do have a LED behind the speaker grill.

http://www.techdroider.com/2015/08/moto-...

It supposedly cannot be enabled, but it can if the phone has been rooted.

There is this link to a poor audio You Tube video which shows one app (of a few apps) that have been developed to utilize it as a notification tool for when the screen is not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuhV90iW...

There are also reports of the LED turning on after the phone (non rooted) has been upgraded to Android Marshmallow, but apparently it is random, the reason for it is unknown and it cannot be turned off.

I do not know if this will work but if it bothers you, you could try doing a backup of your phone and then performing a hard reset to see if it clears the problem and then restore your phone using the backup you made.

Previous answer is not any answer. My screen works fine, my battery is charged, my phone already has marshmallow, it is not due to any notifications, rebooting does not solve, it just came on out of nowhere, endless searches provides no answer. You gotta wonder....

this didn't help at all - my situation is exactly the same as whereischip's.

So ye, basically ur screwed till it feels like turning off (also read it could of been from humidity, but idk) ((the government is watching))

Was any one able to solve this issue?????

I have heard of no answer yet. My wife's phone fixed itself back in the summer, but it came back on a week ago, but now it's off again. She has experienced no adverse effects and the phone works normally. We'll live with it until she gets her next phone ... ;-)

The best things will be if you can break this led light somehow and see what happen

Try draining down your phone charge to 0.0% .. and plug the charger.. may be LED will get turned off after a bit.

The charging port broke on my Moto G3, the battery drained completely and it sat dead until I got the replacement part a month later. After changing the port I plugged it in and...the mysterious LED behind the speaker came on. I switched chargers, it stayed on. After 5 minutes charging, the LED went away, just as the screen, which until now remained dark, turned on showing 0% battery and charging. When a battery is completely drained it can enter a state where it has some difficulty accepting charge, if the battery is still good this remedies itself after a little while. So I'm going to guess that one of the functions of this LED is a low level detection of whether the battery is accepting charge properly. The age of your battery, the condition of your charger, and a variety of other factors can probably set this off.

Nate Huff will be eternally grateful.