Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6 Plus touch IC disease

I have a iPhone 6 plus that is affected with touch IC disease. Apple won't fix it and its out of warranty. If I press on the screen or above the EMI shield where the touch IC is it works fine again but is there any DIY that can fix this without having to pay to get the touch IC chips re-soldered ?

There is a new fix that you can do yourself. The real fix is to re-solder the touch chips back to the logic board. BUT, to DIY, you can open the iphone and put an old sim card or something even a little thinner right on top of where these chips are set. When you put the metal holder back on top, it will create more pressure on the chips and can solve this issue for good if you are lucky! There are YT videos of how to do it. Just search "DIY touch disease" and you will find many. Good luck!

Metal holder? There's a soft cover for those chips. And this would be a very temporary fix as @tomchai said

Don't insert anything underneath or above the board. You will cause additional stress on the board and more pads to separate. In the short run the issue will return and will be much worse.

The best way to do it is remove the chip, strengthen a couple of failing lines, soldering back a new chip, and future proofing the board to help it whistand flexing. So far I've had no returns in 2017.

Most Helpful Answer

Won't work very long. This is a complex failure mode involving a number of mechanical and/or electrical factors. There is no easy fix that will work reliably, let alone cheap ones that do not involve soldering.

CAB will be eternally grateful.