At&t iPhone 6 trade in with non OEM battery

Hi all!

I replaced my iphone 6 battery. No issues. Battery life is great now.

I got an offer to upgrade to an Iphone 7 as long as I trade in my iphone 6 as long as it's in great condition. Turns on, no broken glass, no major scratches. I'm good on everything, except that I replaced the battery. They would have to open the phone to see the battery.

When they run a diagnostic, would they know it's not an OEM batter?

Do you think they'd decline my trade in because the battery I used is not OEM?

Anyone got experience trading in a phone with a replaced battery?

Thanks a bunch.

Most Helpful Answer

Im sure you have this all sorted out but they will have no idea. To be honest, almost all carriers use third party parts through their insurance programs. When you use your deductible to replace a broken phone through your carrier, the phone they give you is a refurbished one using third party parts. Hope this helps!

They have the technologies to check and they will refuse to trade in your phone if they find out. Not sure if they are lazy and don't check every phone though.

I've traded in phones with replacement screens, and never had any problems. When you trade in at a carrier, they usually just check for functionality. If you were trying to get a warranty repair done, then they may do a more thorough inspection.

Pete will be eternally grateful.