Released in 2013 Model number: ONETOUCH 7024W FCC ID: RAD386

Dropped in water now touch screen won't respond, what do I do?

Dropped my phone in water it comes on but my screen isn't responding at all. Any advice?

I would suggest opening the phone up and cleaning it with minimum 98% achohol. Then try and turn it on again. Otherwise, it sounds as though the screen has gone bad.

As you know water and electronics and electricity are not a good mix.

The water causes corrosion and provides circuit paths for the electricity which were not in the phone's operating design and could damage the components.

First do not turn on your phone and then you need to remove the battery as soon as possible from the phone to minimize further damage.''

Then you need to dis-assemble the rest of the phone and clean all the affected parts using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ to remove all traces of corrosion and water. Do not use "rubbing alcohol" as in some cases this is only 70% and is not as effective. If you do check the label to verify the amount

Here is a link that in general, describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

You will probably have to replace the battery as it is very hard to recover a battery from water damage.

As always with electronics, especially surface mounted PCBs be gentle when handling and especially when brushing away the corrosion. You do not want to remove any components from the board.

Hopefully after you have done all this the phone might possibly work correctly again.

Here is a link to the Ifixit guide on how to dis-assemble your phone.

Alcatel One Touch Fierce Teardown

If this process seems too daunting, take your phone to a reputable, professional phone repair service and ask for a quote for a repair. If you decide to do this, do it sooner than later.

Donald Wright will be eternally grateful.