Want to help me troubleshoot TouchID? I'm in Dallas.

Hi friends,

I'm having trouble with the TouchID on an iPhone 6. I did a screen replacement. Very careful to use a little heat to remove the home button cable. I don't believe it's damaged. BTW, this is a personal phone of mine. Luckily not belonging to a customer.

Factory reset, reset network settings, reset all settings. None fix the problem. I've tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.

I'm hoping someone will help me take a look at this. Maybe a bit of mentorship. I pay in beer if that makes any difference. I come to you?

I'm in Dallas.

Any signs of damage on the home button extension cable? This part is attached to the large metal plate shield that sits behind on the black part of screen.

I move the metal plate from the old display to the new display with the home button extension cable intact. I don't believe there was any damage. Maybe its worth trying to replace?

Worth a try, the top side of the home button extension cable can be cut / damaged / punctured easily by glass when the glass is cracked a lot or missing from the top.

I've ordered a replacement home button extension cable. Maybe that will do the trick.

I'm slowly getting my feet wet in the repair business. Taking my licks as a I learn the finer points.

I was hoping to use this phone to demo software as a Sales Engineer in my day job. Without TouchID, I can't use this iPhone for that purpose.

Replacing the home button flex cable fixed the issue, I believe. I also restored the phone using iTunes. TouchID works now!!! I'm not a butter fingers wrecking ball when it comes to delicate electronics... woohoo!

Does Dallas Beer Kitchen around lower Greenville make a good stout?

Mayer, there are usually six or so to choose from on tap rotation. Tasty, too! You in the area?

James Miller will be eternally grateful.