The Kenmore 110 Series is an easy to use home Washing machine created by Kenmore.

Kenmore Sensing and Lock Issue

I have a Kenmore top loading washing machine; model number 26002010. The other day my wife started the machine and then quickly realized she needed to add more clothes and opened the lid prior to the second unlock/relock cycle. Ever since the washer will start flashing a lid lock error and it will make a strange sound and emit an electrical or plastic like smell. Once in a while I am able to get the washer working by unplugging and re-plugging the washer back it or letting the load machine start empty or by wiggling the lock mechanism. As long as the water starts running into the machine the machine works as expected with no issues. Any idea what is happening and how I can fix it?

Replace this part:

Kenmore Washing Machine Door Lock W10404050 http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/K...

Unfortunately the issue persists even after replacing the part. Looking at replacing the shift actuator now.

Matt Ailstock will be eternally grateful.