Get rid of touch and hold gesture

When I have the file explorer active and I touch and hold on the trackpad (mouse) the wheel comes up with options "home", "end", "back", and "forward". I cannot even get the thing to work. I'm just trying to turn it off.

Most Helpful Answer

I believe this Notebook pc has Synaptics Pointing Device,

1. Type in search "Synaptics Pointing Device" and click on that entry

• If that doesn't show go to "Control panel" and click on "Mouse Properties"

2. A Window will pop up for the Drive, In the Menu Tabs you should see "Device Options" with a -Red Logo-

• select that option and settings for that specific driver will show, Click on "Settings" under the pointer device selection, Now you can Modify how and which gestures perform and to Disable them or not.

Screenshot posted:

Thanks for the quick response but I cannot seem to find ether of those options. =(

what OS are you running? The specs I looked up said windows 8.1 upgradeable to windows 10.

I just talked to a High level technician whom works in Samsungs Repair and Diagnostics Department through my warrenty that came with my Galaxy S7 which I paid for. this is what he said:

Kishore B: 1. Go to Start Windows logo, and select Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad.

Kishore B: 2. Adjust your settings under Touchpad.

Kishore B: 3. You will see the option to turn off the Touchpad and an option will be there to turn the touchpad to a "Normal State". Which will remove the Gestures on the Samsung Notebook 7 NP740U5L.

Thank you. It was hard to find, but it worked.

To make the wheel go away, touch the pad and don't move for about one second.

Hopefully this will help others because this "feature" is so annoying that I was seriously thinking about exploring new laptop options and returning this otherwise wonderful Notebook 7. I had looked everywhere possible in the traditional Windows settings. This feature is a HUGE nuisance IMHO as it was causing me to constantly skip in and out of my work areas.

This solution will still allow you to utilize all of the wonderful multi-touch gestures and disable only this one setting.

To disable this:

Start up the Samsung Settings App

Go to the Input menu option

Turn off "Press & Go"

oh gosh, thank you so much for sharing this. This feature was driving me nuts and I was about to crush my laptop into pieces. I wonder what kind of an idiot thought this was cool and decided to add this feature.

Tony will be eternally grateful.