The Microsoft Surface is the first tablet released by Microsoft. It runs Windows RT, which is designed specifically for tablet functionality. Repairs for this device require screwdrivers and prying tools.

What size torx driver is needed to remove interior torx screws

To access the components in my Surface RT tablet I used a T5 torx driver to remove the back cover. T5 is the smallest torx driver I have. What T size torx driver is needed to remove interior torx screws, such as the screws holding the headphone jack with volume control in place?

My best advice is to pick up one of these guys: 54 Bit Driver Kit

Its nearly impossible to know exactly what sizes and shapes you will need in advance. Get a decent kit like that and you are set for most jobs. I have that exact one and I use it all the time. Just used it a few minutes ago actually.

Thanks for the tip. I ordered a set that included drivers down to T2. Another poster stated I would need the T4 driver to complete my repair. Cheers, JD

You need a T4 and T5 screwdriver. I use these. They're pretty awesome

T5 Torx Screwdriver

T4 Torx Screwdriver

I also use this tear down, as a guide, which iFixit strictly prohibits doing. But I do it all the time anyways!

Microsoft Surface Repair

T5 Torx Screwdriver Image

Product

T5 Torx Screwdriver

$9.95

T4 Torx Screwdriver Image

Product

T4 Torx Screwdriver

$8.95

Thanks for the quick response iMedic. Now that I know a T4 will work, I ordered a set of drivers that will get the job done . Cheers, JD

JD Shannon will be eternally grateful.