Can the LCD be replaced?

Is it possible to remove the bezel around the screen to access the LCD? If it is glued on, would a similar heat-gun method as needed for the recent Macbook Pros work?

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for the LCD panel. I'm trying to find a exact replacement.

weidyc, it would work better for you if you click on the link on the right side of this page "ask a question" and give as much detail as possible. I also believe that the apple guru's always ask for the serial numbers...anyhow give it a try and I am certain you will get a quick response. Good Luck

Best NOT

to use a heat gun... see How to Replace the Macbook Air Hinges and LCD - heat can deform the rubber trim.

Remember to return and mark accepted the answer that best solves your problem.

Good luck,

N

Thanks! Sorry, should have checked earlier revisions of the Air line for the answer before asking.

Most Helpful Answer

No, the whole machine has to be taken apart!

lutris you can remove the bezel and change the led from that . i have also changed the led . see the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNtnvzfS...

be patient thnx

lutris will be eternally grateful.