Galaxy 7 LCD, after LCD install purple spots appear! Help

A client comes with a shatterd samsung galaxy s7 screen.

She told that after the drop everything worked fine and then after some weeks the sreen started showing purple spots.

She came to me and I orderd an original samsung screen at mtimpex.com. After installing it worked perfect. Then, two weeks later, my client comes back complaining that there are purple spots and stripes on the screen and that the digitizer doesn't work good.

So I ordered a new screen at gsmpartscenter.com. First it worked perfect and after 10 minutes or so the screen showed again purple 'inkblots' on te screen. (The longer you look at the worse it gets. )

I called gsmpartscenter.com and they said that it could be the mainboard.

This sounds strange to me, because at first both screens worked fine and then after some time the purple spots and lines filling up the screen. I can't test the screen on another galaxy s7, because I don't have any laying around..

Does any of you know what's going on? Thanks!

The thing that also makes me angry is that Samsung (or is it a mean strategy of the supplier) now to put a label on the Samsung package of the screen claiming that there is no warranty when it's not installed by a Samsung Service Center!

Isn't that crazy?

So, Samsung sells there stuff to smartphones shops suppliers and then they put a label on it that there no warranty after installation, unless it is installed in a Samsung Service Center. How crazy is that! If that is the case I will loose a €210 I will keep this updated...

The purple stains mean that the LCD is leaking fluid .. so there's a crack in the LCD somewhere. This is Samsung's fault. For the 2017 models they produced quite low-quality LCDs which are very easy to crack. And they also deliver them without the adhesive tape originally built on the screen. So the user is forced to use his own adhesive sticker on the screen and it will never fit perfectly like how the factory places it ... This causes the frame of the phone and the LCD to not properly align with each other ... which then causes a small crack if there's a bit of touch pressure on it .. and then the cracks become bigger and bigger ...

You would think it's the wholesale/reseller's fault ... but it's not, they fortunately sell the original parts but it's low quality because of Samsung's work ..

Good luck with fixing it!

Most Helpful Answer

i have the same problem.

the LCD worked fine before placing in on place on the mid frame.

Just check the display fitting in th chase it will help you

i have other problem with galaxy s7 . after replaced the screen on top left corner getting rainbow color.

There are most likely problems with the frame if you have purple spots...

yes exactly. next time clean the frame good and use original sticker.

if fram is dameged change it

Hi, This seems to be a common issue with the later models of phones, most posters seem to think that it is the screen at fault and a new screen would fix it how ever after reading your post several times I have the feeling that it may be something wrong with the logic board that is causing the issue with the screens. I would check for any evidence of board damage (liquid/physical) and run diagnostics on the phone. Hope this helps

Thanks for your answer. I did ran the diagnostics with the mmi-code? *#0*# or are there other diagnostic tools available for Samsung devices.

Anyway, there is no water damage or physical board damage, ... The result of test are all normal, except for the purple spots that are getting worse and that the digitizer sometimes not works.

You say it's a common issue on later models, do you mean is it always the logic board on those later models with these issues?

To me it stays weird and it looks like it has to do with the screens. (although it's also strange that two screens in a row, would have these issues)

But how could it be possible that when installing a new screen at first it works perfectly, and that there are no purple spots or lines, and after 10 minutes or a couple weeks, that spots are showing up and stays there permantently.

So I still don't know how I fix this problem... Thanks anyway

The thing that also makes me angry is that Samsung put a label on the samsung package of the screen claiming that there is no warranty when it's not installed by a Samsung Service Center! Isn't that crazy?

Samsung sells there stuff to smartphones shops suppliers and then they put a label on it that there is no warranty after installation, unless it is installed by a Samsung Service Center. How crazy is that!

If that is the case I will loose a €215 I keep this updated

Typically its been the screen from what I've read online, I doubt the board would cause an issue like this (but I could be wrong).

I have the same problem in a Note 5, I haven't dropped it strongly... and I use a hevay case

i think the problem is almost the same .

lcd broken from inside . top left corner

Gordon De Clerck will be eternally grateful.