Microphone and earphone don`t work

Hello guys!

I have big problem with my Iphone 6. When I try to call someone I can`t hear any signal or voice. The person can`t hear me too.

I tried to record something with Voice Recorder - nothing. I tried to make a video with the camera, but there is no sound. On calls I can only hear in loudspeaker mode, but nobody hears me. I tested with bluetooth watch and I can speak, but only in bluetooth.

I am with ios10, but made hard reset and downgraded to ios9.3.5, but no result.

Do you have ideas?

Most Helpful Answer

It´s not a software porblem. Sounds like defective cirrus logic (audi ic) on the back of the logic board. It´s very hard to fix. You need to replace a bga chip.

Hi Marius, stumbled on this post with similar symptoms and wondering if you could clarify. I have an iPhone 6 and noticed similar problems after dropping it once. I cannot hear or speak during calls unless I use speakerphone or bluetooth headphones. I cannot record audio from microphones using video from front or back, nor can I record audio using voice memo app. Bluetooth and wired headphones appear to work, is that consistent with damage to the cirrus logic board being damaged?

I would find it unlikely that all microphones were damaged as well as the earpiece speaker, so the only other possibility I could conceive would be damage to a flex cables.

Any water damage to the phone?

I like to start simple: change the earpiece speaker, front camera flex and Lightning port. That will replace both microphones and your earpiece speaker. Your loudspeaker is working, so you don't need to replace those.

There is a good chance the phone had some minor water damage and those components were damaged since they are the ones that have openings that water can get into.

iPhone 6 Front Camera and Sensor Cable

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

iPhone 6 Front-Facing Camera and Sensor Cable Replacement

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector Assembly Replacement

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack Image

Product

$24.99

iPhone 6 Front Camera and Sensor Cable Image

Product

iPhone 6 Front Camera and Sensor Cable

$19.99

iPhone 6 Lightning Connector Assembly Image

Guide

Difficulty:

Difficult

1 - 2 hours

iPhone 6 Front-Facing Camera and Sensor Cable Image

Guide

Difficulty:

Moderate

30 minutes - 1 hour

No water damages.

Everything started when I spoke with a friend in Facebook Messenger. It was OK 20 minutes and all at once he told me: I can`t hear you. I tried to recall but again no microphone. Then I noticed the problem with the earphone too...I bought the phone refurbished and since last week is mine.

The audio jack is not working too...

The audio jack is part of the same flex that holds the lower microphone. If you replace the parts Josh mentioned, that will include the audio jack.

Nicky will be eternally grateful.