TouchScreen not working randomly

Hi All,

I have a customer with an situation that i never see happen.

My customer have is TouchScreen that randomly works and major times dont work.

It dont seems to have damages on connector but i will have to check better on microscope.

I changed the battery for a new one and same problem

Changed the LCD for another and same problem

Changed the MotherBoard to another case and same problem

So the problem is the motherboard. I thinking on Touch IC but have ever happen to some one the touch work randomly?????

Yes it´s the touch ic. The problem is caused by the solder balls. If the iPhone get´s warm the error disappears. Lay it in a fridge an the problem get´s worser. Before replacing the touch ic check the touch screen connector on any damage. If there is none you can first try to reflow the ic. If that does´t fix the bad touch replace the ic.

Hi Marius,

Yes, at this precise moment he is working but if i disconect the conectors and put ir back again it will not work.

If i disconect the battery a few times he start work again.

Maybe i will try to reflow it first..

Paulo Silva will be eternally grateful.