All screwdrivers manufactured by iFixit and sold on iFixit.com

Where can I buy this?

I was currently hired to work in a phone repair shop. While working here, I became increasingly familiar with using a certain screwdriver. Since there are many people working here, we all came to love this particular tool and since we only have one, it's a hassle to keep sharing it. I was wondering how can I buy this screwdriver, it is not listed in the iFixit parts :(.

PART DESCRIPTION

Silver screwdriver

the length is about 1/2 an inch the size of an iphone 6

it has three pieces of rubber near the head for your thumb, they are lined up in perfect parallel lines.

Bottom side has a white ifixit logo with a big hole going through that side of the tool

Hi!

I think you're talking about the screwdriver that came in our old 54 Bit Driver Kit:

https://www.amazon.com/iFixit-54-Bit-Dri...

Unfortunately we have discontinued producing and selling this kit on our website, replacing it with our much improved 64 Bit Driver Kit (the driver in this kit is larger but a major step up in quality):

Mako Driver Kit - 64 Precision Bits

Sadly, we no longer sell the kit or the screwdriver you're referencing directly. Still, a couple places (like Amazon) might have the 54 Bit Kit in stock for a little while longer.

Hope that helps!

Mako Driver Kit - 64 Precision Bits Image

Product

Mako Driver Kit - 64 Precision Bits

$29.99

@taylor_whitney are you recommending this:

Universal 4 mm Driver Handle

or this:

Universal 1/4" Driver Handle

or this:

All-in-One PC Driver

or this:

Bit Kit Replacement Components

Which one will work with my existing 5 set of iFixit bits?

BTW where is just the upgrade kit to get the bits not included in my 54 bit sets? Am I just SOL?

Are you becoming like Apple and declaring my older tool sets obsolete?

@taylor_whitney I really prefer the old driver. On this new one, the main shaft falls all the time, the rubber on it moves up and down. It's just not as good a driver as the old one for a working tech. Glad I have four of the old ones ;-)

I found a few on Ebay that look very similar to the original one, I'll be ordering to test them out. The problem with the new kits is the driver doesn't work well with my arthritic hands, the old one was perfect. Disappointed and sad that it's no longer available!

Chris Lia will be eternally grateful.