Bluetooth keyboard no longer working

I bought my convertible tablet a few months ago. The other day I switched on the Bluetooth keyboard as usual, but the blue light kept flashing and pressing the keys and the track-pad did nothing.

I've had a look elsewhere online for solutions, none of which worked. I looked at my tablet's Device Manager, and the Bluetooth Radio Properties state "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)." Nice and vague. I've updated the drivers, and uninstalled and reinstalled the device, but the same error persists.

Anyone got any more ideas?

hi i have almost similar problem, only some keys of my physical keyboard not working?, tried every thing ( even cleaned / blow dried inside of keyboard )? is there an alternative to this dock, i mean similar bluetoooth device along with pad or external mouse ( without receiver).....thank you in advance for responding .

I do not know your tablet but does the Bluetooth work when the dock is removed from the tablet and is it only the keyboard/touchpad that you are having troubles with? Can you "see" and"pair' with other BT devices with the dock removed e.g. a BT speaker?

If it doesn't work with any BT device, as you bought your tablet only a few months ago, I suggest that you verify the purchase date and if it still is within the warranty period as per the warranty documentation that came with the tablet, consult the documentation as to what you have to do to make a claim for a warranty repair or replacement.

If it is only having problems with the dock then still go for a warranty repair/replacement of the dock. If you wish to persevere to try and solve it yourself then the following is only a guess on my part and to prove it or not would most probably involve voiding the warranty. Just so you are aware of this if you wish to check it out.

I'm wondering if the BT module in the dock is either loose (as it appears from the parts list to be a separate replaceable item) or is faulty.

Here is a link to the parts list. Scroll down and click on pcb

Try opening the dock and reseating the module and see if this solves the problem. Ensure the dock is removed from the tablet when you do this.

Here is a link that shows how to open the dock on an Asus T100 so that you can gain access to the module.

I have a T100-CHI and the keyboard never appeared in "Other Device" list. I finally chose the "+ Add Bluetooth or other device" option at the top. The dialog box box "Add a device" appeared so I selected the first option "Bluetooth". Nothing showed up so I held the bluetooth switch (upper left) on the keyboard to the far right until the keyboard appeared. When it appeared I let go of the switch and selected the keyboard in the list. A dialog box appeared with "Enter the PIN for Asus T100CHI DOCKING". Of course I didn't know the pin so using the onscreen keyboard I typed in my own eight digit key "12345678" and selected connect. I quickly entered the eight digit key in the keyboard and pressed Enter. I had to do follow this same sequence a number of times before I managed to get the timing right but don't give up.

Good luck!

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the PIN; of course asus support website does not tell you to create your own PIN and then enter it on the keyboard immediately afterwards.

Thank you, Danny!

Louise Wray will be eternally grateful.