Repair guides and support for televisions manufactured by Sony.

3 Red Flashes. Screen won't come on.

I have a Sony KDL-55W802A tv. Walked into the room the other day and the tv wouldn't turn on and the red light would repeatedly flash 3 times. I looked up the code and it said it was either a bad main logic board or the power board. I tested and replaced the power board to no avail. Can anyone please give me insight into this issue? I'm stumped!

I have a Sony KDL-50W800B 3d TV and I am still getting the 3 blinking lights even after I changed the main logic board and the LED driver board.

Bad main logic board or power board,

error codes & Sony KDL-55W802A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KGysXbx...

Hey.. its the cover that goes on where the bulb is. There is a little nub on the cover sticking out and when the cover is in place it pushes the switch in. My cover has gotten a little melted and tweaked so the nub doesn't push the switch in all the way. I took some masking tape and rolled it in a little ball just so it fits in the hole. Maybe the size of a bb . After I reinstalled the cover I turned the tv on and waaaaaalaaaa! Its working again. I then put the other cover on that covers all the buttons and stuff and called it a day. . Hope this helps u if u didnt already go buy a flat screen.

Off topic…

Jared Stephens will be eternally grateful.