iPhone 6 Screen Won't Close Tight After Replacement

Hello.

I've just replaced my iPhone 6's cracked screen(front panel replacement).

Everything works fine but I can't seem to get the screen to fully fit into the frame. There is a really slight layer outside. It's apparent if I use the back gesture on the screen.

This isn't my first repair. I've been repairing for a long time but I'd like to get a second opinion. I checked the screen replacement, if I correctly transferred the camera and other stuff, but I couldn't seem to detect any loose parts. Also I tried reattaching the cracked screen(without the camera and the home button integrated) to see how it goes and it fitted perfectly.

So could it be a defect or am I missing something?

Thanks.

There have been a ton of janky screens lately that do this. Its a small enough defect that finding it in production would be tough, but seeing it in real world, its obvious.

I would order a new, high quality screen from a reputable supplier like iFixit.

I'm curious if there is a really really slight bend in my frame because the second replacement I ordered does not fit perfectly as the original does. It's better but not perfect.

I believe you're correct. It's a defect. And again for the second replacement as well. From the same supplier.

In my opinion, you could possibly have a slight bend or torque in your frame. Even the slightest bend can cause issues with sitting a new screen.

Ordered a second replacement screen. It's better but still not ok unfortunately.

It also came to my mind as well, a slight bend or torque in the frame, but then again the original screen fits perfectly.

Or could it be that the original screen is bent slightly along with the frame as well?

I’m having the same problem and I replaced two mine and my wife’s and just like u said everything if hooked up and running fine just can’t get it to close all the way ether min or my wife’s

I ordered them off eBay

This situation is only due to not-good-enough displays. When mine happened, my original display would still fit perfectly.

I would suggest returning them and buying from iFixit.

I bought my screen kit from ifixit and have this exact same problem in the exact same spot towards the top left of the phone. replaced adhesive and clamped it and everything and still wont sit down correctly. Figured buying through ifixit would prevent something like this occurring but apparently not.

Have you used strips to hold the battery or glue? If glue, that might be the cause of your problem.

With an iFixit screen and glue, the same thing happened to me as well. I peeled of the glue, used strips and now everything is fine.

i just used the new strips they provided with in the kit completely removed the old one with solvent and everything and then placed new one on pretty much perfect. the screen seems to be slightly offset towards the bottom as if the screen needs to slide up more but it wont go up any further and along the edges its lifted

You can always ask for a replacement though it's better that you speak it with iFixit.

Also, besides the option of your iPhone's body becoming slightly bent, I see no other answer than a defect screen.

Self-repair is awesome but from time to time, $@$* like this happens.

Can Surmeli will be eternally grateful.