High performance tablet computer released by Apple on November 11, 2015. Model A1584.

Apple Pencil not working after screen replacement

I've replaced a cracked lcd/digitizer assembly on an iPad Pro 12.9" device and the client says the apple pencil doesnt work with the new screen.

Anyone else experience the same fault?

The Problem was a faulty screen, replaced the screen with a new one and pencil is working perfect.

have you tried re-pairing it? I assume each screen has a unique identifier in it. It would kinda, almost make sense that re-pairing would fix it.

The client informed us the pen doesn't work, however it does but there dead zones on certain areas on the screen.

I'm going to try a new screen, will update when done.

Installed a new digitizer and everything tested fine. During final assembly, backlight connector came off daughter board. Didn't realize this until it booted up. Thought a backlight chip maybe had been fried. Relieved to see that it was just a connector. After powering off and rechecking all connections. Started the unit up and now zero touch. Solder job was perfect. At a loss as to what the issue is now. Very little information out there on this.

Jeff were you able to solve this? Same thing happened to me. Bad screen maybe ?

Ryan Veldsman will be eternally grateful.