Picture takes long time to appear

Hello

I have an 42 inch LG Plasma TV (42px4dv) which I have had for several years.

Recently I have been having issues with the TV.

When I turn on the TV, the TV turns on though all the pixels are black. Slowly, pixel by pixel they turn from black to displaying the picture. After around 20-30 minutes, all the pixels display the picture and the TV works fine.

Initially it would take only a minute or 2 to show the full picture, though over time it has got worse... to now taking 20-30 minutes.

I have the issue, regardless what input I choose, and restarting the TV at the powerpoint does nothing . We are at a point where we leave the TV on for most of the day when we are home to avoid waiting for the tv to warm up.

Have any suggestions as to what the culprit may be?

Thank you, Michael

@michaelc1172 something with those symptoms is usually indicative of bad caps. I would take the time and check all of them. Pay particular attention to the ones on the power board. They might not necessarily be domed or leaking but may have failed internally. If you have an ESR or capacitance meter you can probably determine which ones.

Michael will be eternally grateful.