Thin and more powerful than ultra-budget laptops.

Why my laptop is slow?

my laptos is slow slow slowwwwww, 500gb hd and only 50 in use, windows 10

but what if when you just turn on your computer and it takes for ever to fully load but when loaded its fine and fast

I just fitted a Samsung SSD into a Aspire V5-571P and was unimpressed with the performance.

It ran fast on battery set to the standard “Better Performance” but when on mains I had to set it to “Best Performance” to maintain speed. Removing Acer power plan had no effect.

Strange.

@colsearle, what was the computer (not battery) performance rating before you installed the SSD?

Most Helpful Answer

-Your laptop could be slow because it can be affected by a "Virus".

You can use Adwcleaner to find some problems or virus on your laptop.

And CCleaner for delete temporary files, registry error etc...

-Your laptop can be slow because it can be dusty.

You can remove the bottom panel and clean your motherboard from any dust.

-> A laptop with lot of dust will be hot and will be slow.

-If you move with your laptop running you can provoc some damage to your hard drive.

-> Bad HDD is a cause of slowdown laptop

Several factors can cause slowdown on your laptop

:)

pretty much nothing is set to start up i disables them and i cant access my bios

my laptop is a acer v5-571g

My process. When booted, open a CMD prompt or Powershell as admin.

run CHKDSK C: /f. It will ask you if you want to run it on reboot. It won't run otherwise. If you want to see if there are errors on the HDD, first run it without the /f. It will run without a reboot and will tell you if it found errors. If it did, rerun it with the /f. Then run SFC /scannow. It will either tell you it didn't find problems, found problems and fixed them, or found problems it could not fix. If problems were not fixed, run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If none of that works you likely need a new HDD. But b4 doing that try running MBAM to see if there is a mining virus.

First you need to clear the data from your c drive or you can move the data from c drive to d drive manually. Also you can use the third part software for clean junk file.

I know it’s scary for your privacy to use any third party software but there are some genuine software which can fix this issue without harming your privacy or data. These are the best software for clean junk files and really boost your PC speed.

Hi The Fan!

I would have never thought that hard drive

speed could affect the performance of a system,

but it certainly can.

However, the more common thing in Laptops

and Desktop computers is that the RAM is being

eaten alive by junk.

Here's what I would do to clean up your system:

1. Download and run CCleaner.

I would just get the Free Download (desktop version) for now.

With the program installed:

> Click on Analyze (once done) click on Run Cleaner

> Then click on the Registry tab > click Scan for Issues (once done) click Fix selected issues (don't worry about backing up your Registry if the pop-up comes up)

2. Download and run Malwarebytes

Again, just download and install the Free Download for now.

Open the program and then click on Update to make sure you have the latest for the program. Then close the program -don't run the cleaner yet.

The tricky thing here is putting your system into Safe Mode before you run the cleaner. Otherwise, malware has a nasty habit of hiding itself in the soup of Windows running in Normal mode.

Here's a Microsoft article on how to Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

> Put your system in Safe Mode

> Open and Run Malwarebytes

> Remove any and all items Malwarebytes finds

> Restart your system

> Take your system out of Safe Mode & Restart into Normal mode -should it boot back into Safe Mode.

At this point, you will have dealt with 90% of the common 'slow down' issues. If your system still has issues, could be hardware issues. i.e. Hard drive needs defragging, RAM going bad, overheated components, etc.

My bet, though, is you're good to go after running the above programs.

Warm regards,

Anthony

Hey Stingzy!

Without knowing more details about your computer, the first things I would look at are...

* What are the programs set to start when Windows starts? This is mostly likely a long list of programs that you don't care to need when Windows immediately starts up. You only need them when you need them, so remove them from the list.

* Could be your bios settings aren't set for quick boot or have some extra testing during post -but I'm inclined to think it's the first thing I mentioned.

There are so many reasons for laptop running slow. You may troubleshoot it as follows.

1. Check the system updates to see if it can be upgraded.

2. If too many programs are opening simultaneously, your laptop will speed down.

3. Check if the laptop is overheating.

4. Virus and malware may be the cause for it. Run anti-virus scan to remove them.

5. Update the outdated drivers.

6. Check hardware issues. Defrag hard drive to optimize it.

The Fan will be eternally grateful.