Screen Display wont show!.

I turned on my laptop but then the display wont show only the light power button on. I tried to turn it off but the light power button still on and cant turn off so I had to remove the power cable. [THE DISPLAY IS NOT CRACKED OR BROKEN. IT JUST WONT SHOW AND NOT WORKING]

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-fin...

Go to that site. Select your model, then put up the link to that webpage.

1. in order to test your laptop (graphic card) get a VGA-VGA cable and connect the laptop to your TV or a desktop monitor (hope that you have a TV that suports PC input) and start the laptop.

If there is no output on TV mabie you have a broken graphic card.

2. check the laptop's memory.

here you will have to poen your laptop and remove one dimm of memory (in case you have two) or if there is only one slot - with a module on, copy the details from it (memory module) and borrow a similare module to test if that is the problem.

Yours,

Oscar

For me it was a problem with the laptop not coming out of hibernation properly and completely freezing, the only option was to power off. On reboot nothing would happen, the screen would not even be initialised so it is nothing to do with the screen.

As the solution is to remove the power lead, remove the battery and hold down the power button it would seem to be an issue with the laptop retaining some residual charge which is preventing the laptop from booting. I've heard of other poeple who have managed to fix this by simply letting the battery run out and then leave it overnight, this will again dissipate any residual charge but is just a much slower way of doing it. Holding the power button down with no power sources attached will dissipate this charge and allow the laptop to boot when a power source is reattached. Unfortunately if the laptop boots and the screen is blank then it is a different issue, if the image on the screen is faint it is most likely a problem with the backlight and in these instances this fix will not work.

I fail to see how the fix for your problem of freezing will help this person's problem. Maybe you should make this into an ifixit story.

iszel mori will be eternally grateful.