Earpiece not working after screen replacement

Hi guys,

I have replaced the screen on my Dads iPhone 5s after the digitiser stopped working. However now the earpiece doesn't work. I thought that it might be the flex that is the problem however the front facing camera still works, what is the problem? I have tried reseating the earpiece but that hasn't worked.

There are a few reasons as to this why this may have happened, I'll start from the top being most probable to the bottom being least probable:

1. The front camera flex / ribbon cable assembly has a physical tear on the cable cutting the line to the earpiece speaker connection.

2. Alignment issue with the front camera ribbon cable and earpiece speaker.

3. The front camera FPC connector (the ribbon connector on the logic board) has bent pins.

4. The earpiece speaker has gone faulty somehow and needs to be replaced.

Jed Holmes will be eternally grateful.