Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

A apple in the screen

I connect the ipod to a wall adaptor but istill have a white apple in the screen and the hard disk is sount funny, the ipod dont boot, and after like one to tow minute is power off by it self

Hello there and not sure if you still need this answered. Here is the best one I can give you. First check on this site, it may help you out a bit. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1399?viewl...

You can also try to do what I did and that is to Hold Menu and Select for 5-10 seconds to reboot. When the screen turns black for a reboot, immediately hit Play and Select at the same time and hold it for 5-10 seconds. This takes you into Disk Mode. Connect to the USB cord. It will take iTunes up to 5 minutes to recognize the iPod is even there, but at least that's an improvement over the computer never seeing the iPod when the gray and white Apple logo is there.

In Disk mode, open up your file browser and go to the Ipod_Control folder and subfolders and delete all of the music files. Eject the iPod from both ITunes and your computer. You'll see the Checkmark in Disk Mode. Reconnect to the USB cord. When the iPod appears on the left hand side of iTunes, highlight the iPod. Select the "Refresh" software button. This will begin to download a update file. The update file then overwrites all of the software on your iPod but at least gets you back to your beginning point.

I found it frustrating and had to even start over a couple of times but patience will prevail. Hope this helps somewhat.

Oh yes and I almost forgot. Make sure that it is charging. Leave it in your charger for a good while. It may just be your battery that needs replacing, I think :)

Boli will be eternally grateful.