Why does my asus laptop keep disconnecting from the internet?

I have an asus sonic master atheros ar5b125 and at my university my phone connects to the internet fine but this laptop can't stay connected for more than 30 minutes without me having to restart it to get it to connect to the internet again. I have uninstalled a lot of needless programs that it came with to try to remedy the problem but hasn't fixed much. This is a new computer and it should not be doing this please help!

Bob, Asus sonicmaster atheros ar5b125 keeps disconnecting from the internet, if updating your drivers for your wireless card, also get all your windows updates, if this does not do the trick try reseating the wireless card in the computer. Card may also be faulty, you may want to swap out/change your wifi card or try usb wifi adapter, some have extended range.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Most Helpful Answer

Check, by using Device Manager, to see that you have the latest drivers for your WLAN adapter.

To get to Device manager in Win10 press win key + x key together, window should pop up with various links, including Device Manager, click to enter Device Manager, scroll down and find under Network Adapters your WLAN adapter , right click on it select Properties, click on Driver Tab update drivers.

Or here is a link to the latest Asus drivers. Use only the WiFi one if everything else is OK.

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers...

How many signal bars are showing on the WiFi connection?

Are you using the 2.4GHz or 5 GHz channels to connect?

Try downloading, installing and running a free WiFi scanning program to check the WiFi.

Use the program to see the actual signal level that you are using (remember the higher the number in dB the lower the signal strength - it is in -ve values). Also check to see how many other networks are on the same channel. The more networks using the same channel the more chance of interference which can cause problems.

Here is a link to a free WiFi scanner program. It is only one of many available.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-i...

Hopefully this will be of some help.

see there only few things that you can try

update the wireless driver

turn of the power management auto turn off option from wireless adapter properties

uninstall and install latest driver from asus website

for more visit easy steps to fix laptop wireless disconnecting

and comment below and tell me if this did help you

bobsmith87 will be eternally grateful.