I cant get it to power on after a power outage

TV won't power on with remote or cable after power outage. It is plugged into a surge protector. I've unplugged it, and plugged it into a different outlet as well.

What is the model number of your TV?

Remove the power from the TV, take of the back cover and visually inspect for any sign of damage e.g. burn marks etc. If there are take close up pictures of the affected parts and post them here Adding images to an existing question

Hopefully someone here will be able to help you when they can see what you can see.

Also since your TV has most probably been affected by a power surge due to the outage or restoration (who knows), no doubt the surge protector will also be affected. Unfortunately a lot of surge protectors give no indication that they have also failed, (doing what they are supposed to do, i.e. sacrificing themselves to save the equipment connected to it). Even if they have a power indicator light showing it is no indication that they are still providing protection against power surges.

I suggest that you environmentally dispose of it as they are irreparable and get a new one (or verify with the manufacturer of the surge protector whether it would still be functioning properly). The best that can be hoped for is that it minimized the effect of the surge on your TV.

Reyavonna Talley will be eternally grateful.